SICAB 2022: general information
Please be informed about organizational aspects for the 32nd edition of the International Purebred Spanish Horse Trade Fair—SICAB 2022 and home of the 8th World PRE Championships.
This year’s edition will be held from the 15th to the 20th of November at the Convention Center and Fairgrounds known as Palacio de Exposiciones y Congresos in Sevilla (Spain).
Once again, ANCCE has reached an agreement with the El Corte Ingles Travel Agency to handle hotel reservations throughout the week of SICAB. Below is the link to download the Official Accommodations Form, which indicates the names and prices of the various hotels.
RENFE TRAIN DISCOUNTS
Breeders travelling by train to Sevilla for SICAB 2022, the International PRE Horse Trade Fair will enjoy a 10% discount on train tickets within Spain, whether a round trip or a single ticket when the origin and/or destination is the city of Sevilla. This promotion is valid from the 13th to the 22nd of November, 2022.
To take advantage of this discount when purchasing your train tickets; go to www.renfe.com. Then, once you click on the globe to select English or French, follow these steps:
- Select the departure and arrival stations. Be sure to indicate the dates; then click on “search for a ticket” and select any one of the available options (Básico, Elige, Elige Confort and Premium). Once you have chosen the train, hit “Next.”
- Fill out all the information requested. Just below the price, there is a “Discount” box with a drop-down menu. Select “Congresos/Eventos” (Conferences and Fairs).
- The system will ask you for an authorization number. That code appears on the voucher. (Not valid for the discount code box).
OFFICIAL SICAB CATALOG
Annually, SICAB publishes its own Official Catalog; stud farms are invited to advertise if they so desire. Some five thousand (5000) copies are published, which are then offered free of charge to breeders and international guests. After SICAB, and throughout the year, the Catalog is distributed at the various national and international trade fairs where ANCCE has a stand. Likewise, there is also a digital version that is accessible from the SICAB website.
The deadline to request publicity and send in originals is Monday, October 24th. You may download the form to request publicity; it also includes the fees for both members of ANCCE and non-members/breeders. Please remember that the amount of space dedicated to stud farms is limited; thus, if this option is of interest to you, download the form and send it in as soon as possible.
SICAB 2022 TICKET SALES
Box office ticket sales:
- Grounds: General Tuesday to Sunday access ticket: €13
Thursday, Friday, Saturday (morning), and Sunday: €16
Saturday (night): €21
* Price includes VAT.
Online ticket sales:
Go to www.sicabentradas.com to purchase your tickets in advance.
CREDENTIALS & INVITATIONS
Each Full-fledged member of ANCCE will receive, if and when he/she is in good standing with all economic obligations established by ANCCE:
- 2 invitations, which will be sent by email, so that you may access SICAB grounds, and collect your credentials/passes.
- Two (2) passes to access the grounds—one per person—to access all spaces reserved for ANCCE members at SICAB. These passes may be collected at the ANCCE office, located in Pavilion 1 of FIBES (fairgrounds), as of Sunday, the 13th of November. To avoid waiting in line, there is a specific box office for “SOCIOS ANCCE” (ANCCE Members). Remember that the Breeder Pass allows access to the show daily, where there is reserved seating in the stands on Tuesday, the 15th, Wednesday the 16th, Thursday the 17th, Friday the 18th and Saturday the 19th afternoon and evening, until all seats are occupied. The Shows on Saturday morning, the 19th and Sunday the 20th, the seats in the breeder stand will sold to the general audience.
To collect your passes, you must present some type of official identification (ID, Driver’s license or passport). If the person picking up the passes is not the actual breeder, said person must provide a signed authorization from the breeder, together with a copy of the member’s ID.
- One (1) invitation to the SICAB 2022 inaugural show. This invitation is valid for two (2) people; it allows access to the ground for the inauguration (Tuesday, the 15th) as of 5:00 pm. If you wish to attend the inaugural show (at 8:00 pm, you will need to exchange the invitation at the outside box office for two numbered tickets, thus granting you access to the show until all seats are occupied. You may redeem your invitation as to 10: 00 am.
- One (1) beverage voucher booklet with thirty (30) free drinks at the ANCCE stand. Remember the following aspects:
Each ticket entitles you to one (1) beer or one (1) soft drink, or a glass of wine.
Should you want a stronger alcoholic beverage, each spirit will cost five (5) tickets.
This year, additional vouchers will not be on sale. Beverages must be paid for at the ANCCE Stand. Remember that to enjoy a beverage, you must show your ANCCE membership ID, as the stand strives to be a space reserved for the interaction of members.
SPACES & EVENTS RESERVED FOR ANCCE MEMBERS
- Box Stands around the Conformation arena (Pavilion 1) and in the Show arena (Pavilion 3 – for all events except Saturday and Sunday morning).
- Access to the Show Pavilion: As was the case at previous editions, and to facilitate the access of members to the daily show in Pavilion 3, a specific access through the hallway from the dome has been created.
- To avoid waiting in line when accessing the fairgrounds, there is a specific access gate for ANCCE breeders. This gate is located to the right of the main entrance, and duly identified.
Remember that these areas are accessible to members upon showing their membership pass/credential.
- Members who have reserved in advance may attend the Show on Wednesday the 16th and Thursday the 17th with up to four (4) guests. For this, please make the corresponding reservation by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Members may purchase up to twenty (20) invitations to access the grounds at a special price of €9/ticket. These are available at the ANCCE office in Pavilion 1.
Breeders are reminded that credentials and passes may be withdrawn if the organizers become aware of fraudulent usage.
RULES FOR VIP BOXES
This year, the organizers will be particularly strict when it comes to complying with all of the following rules:
- Smoking is strictly forbidden in the VIP boxes and all other areas.
- Breeders who have reserved a VIP Box in Pavilion 1 will be granted six (6) credentials/passes for access to the grounds.
- Each VIP Box will be duly identified and provides seating for six (6) people. This limit must not be surpasses.
- Guests at the VIP Box must remain seated at all times, without occupying adjacent seats. Courtesy must always be shown to avoid bothering others seated in nearby Boxes, and to facilitate the smooth running of the conformation competition taking place in the arena below.
- Food and beverages from outside the grounds are not allowed in the VIP Boxes. Only items provided by the fairgrounds’ catering services are allowed.
Access to and departure from VIP Boxes:
Access: thirty (30) minutes prior to the start of the first competition section planned for any given day.
Departure: once the last competition has concluded, or at worst, at 11:00 pm, when the pavilion is vacated. The pavilion must be empty and closed by 12 midnight.
Any attitude that is contrary to the good use of the VIP Boxes may lead to the Organizers cancelling that breeder’s access to said Box.
Failure to comply with these rules will lead to the automatic cancellation of any possible renewal of the VIP Box at future editions.
Graphic and/or audiovisual work from a VIP Box is strictly prohibited.
SILVER JUBILEE TRIBUTES
Once again, we want to honor those Full-fledged and Associate members of ANCCE who have been with us continually for the past twenty-five years.
In due course, you will be provided with further information regarding this point.
A weekly SICAB parking pass is available in the underground, supervised parking lot in the adjacent FIBES Convention Center building. This pass may be used as of Monday, the 14th until Sunday, the 20th for €35.
You may purchase your FIBES parking pass at the ANCCE office in Pavilion 1, until Thursday, the 18th of November. This is a limited offer.
In stride with the internationalization of the PRE Trade Fair, and due to the importance of live feeds covering this year’s event, SICAB TV has become a meeting place for breeders and enthusiasts the world over. Once again, SICAB TV will broadcast the World Championship and the ANCCE Cup live and deferred. There will be extensive and daily coverage of all events, so you may follow them on your cell phone, tablet, and official SICAB social networks.
Last year, SICAB.TV enjoyed the visits of 458,250 users from 67 different countries with an average permanence of nine minutes. These statistics make this digital channel and excellent platform to launch a forceful advertising campaign for your stud farm and/or brand.
SICAB will also be broadcast live on Clipmyhorse. This web site congregates some two and a half million subscribers from all over the world. The Dressage tests will be covered by a 40-minute deferred broadcast on Teledeporte and Horse TV.
Jaime Molina Fernández de los Ríos