Newsletter 2 • SICAB 2020: Essential Information
ANCCE is well-aware of the times; it is paramount that we safeguard the health and well-being of everyone.Nevertheless, we are also aware that we need not bring the marketing of our horses to a grinding halt. By balancing both of these factors, this year’s edition of SICAB seeks a low profile without banishing Purebred Spanish Horses to oblivion for a full year.
Last Monday afternoon, a meeting was held with Sevilla City Hall authorities where essential details were clarified; detailed information that is important for you all. Any and all information is subject to the decisions made and mandates established by health care authorities.
With the dates having been established, we have now begun to fine-tune the details so that breeders are able to decide whether or not they will participate in this year’s edition:
Access will be provided for those breeders participating at a given time, with participation-based limitations; details will be provided in due course. Each breeder, groom, presenter, rider, etc. must be identified at all times. Said credential must be visible to access FIBES facilities. Inappropriate use of one’s credential will lead to inmate eviction from the ground of the errant person.
Regarding the general public, ANCCE will provide the Sevilla City Hall with 500 valid invitations for each day of the event.City Hall will distribute these invitations as seen fit. It is noteworthy to mention that these invitations have been provided at previous editions, and less than 40% are even used, despite the fact that they include free access to the Show. With this year’s situation and the reduced activities, it is more than probable that the number of visitors will be reduced even more; in which case, we would be talking about some 100 people daily.
BREEDER AND INSTITUTIONAL STANDS
In Pavilion 1, there will be no stands except the ANCCE stand, which will only be a meeting place where a poster will indicate specific events. As well as this stand, the only other stands will be those of sponsors. Eating and drinking in the stand together with the congregations of breeders is prohibited; commercial transactions are allowed.The PRE Stud Book stand will also be housed in this pavilion, together with the ANCCE administration offices and the area used for live broadcasts. This latter has been reinforced for the various SICAB competitions.
Pavilion 2 will house the commercial stands. Being that this year’s edition will lack the visit of the general public, only six to eight (6 to 8) stands—those directly linked to the world of horses and riding—will be allowed, as mostly breeders will be on hand, who are their main customers.
All catering services will be located outdoors in the parking area where the marquee that traditionally housed mares stood, and in Triangle 1.
- Pavilions 1 and 2.
- Each of these pavilions will have a 65 x 25 meter, Geotextile arena.
- An outdoor, Geotextile warm-up arena in Triangle 1, measuring 40 x 20 meters.
- An indoor, fine sand and sawdust arena behind Pavilion 1 measuring 30 x 25 meters.
- All horses, whether stallions or mares participating in the event will be housed outside in covered stalls.
The entire perimeter around the arenas will have stands to avoid people standing along the barriers. Both breeders and the general public must remain seated at all times during competitions while at the same time maintaining a safe distance from other spectators, as indicated for SICAB 2020.
BREEDER BOX SEATS
In this case, there is a very important fact. ADMINISTRATIVE AUTHORITIES PROHIBIT CATERING SERVICES IN ALL BOX SEATS. Therefore, this space is reserved solely for those who reserve and pay for a box seat to follow the competitions held in the arena below.
The fee to reserve a box seat has been reduced. Each and every applicant will be contacted individually to confirm the reservation made in July. All box seat owners are granted preference when reserving a table.
RULES INSIDE PAVILIONS
The following must be complied with by all those at SICAB:
- Mandatory use of masks, which must be worn correctly.
- Alcoholic beverages inside the pavilions are prohibited.
- Eating food inside the pavilions is prohibited.
- Smoking—whether cigarettes, cigars, pipe or vaping—is prohibited.
- People must maintain social distances while in the stands, as foreseen in the rules, irrespective of such factors as family units.
- Masks will be on sale throughout the grounds.
- Each pavilion will have special containers for solid waste to avoid masks being left around the fair grounds.
- Hand sanitizer stands will be available throughout the grounds.
Failure to comply with these rules will lead to immediate eviction from the premises, including the withdrawal of the corresponding credential, as may be the case. The endangerment of others’ well-being while attending the event is unacceptable. We are living in exceptional times and it is our paramount responsibility to avoid incidents that might jeopardize the image of SICAB and Purebred Spanish Horses.
Masks must be used at all times, even when outdoors; the only exception is when eating in the restaurant areas. Riders and presents may, if they so desire, take off their masks while presenting and riding their horses.
In due course, ANCCE, FIBES and Sevilla City Hall representatives will be meeting with Civil Protection to determine other safety aspects. This information will be shared with all breeders.
October 7 to 10 will be dedicated to the tests included in the ANCCE Cup Final for Dressage and the Young Horse Selection Test Final. A maximum of twenty (20) horses may enter in each level; the only exception is the tests for juniors. The deadline for entries ends on the 18th of September. Enter now by going to the “Private” section for Breeders on the LG PRE Stud Book web site, or send in the entry form that is included herein.
The entry fee for Full-Fledged members is €120. For associate members and non-members, the fee is €150.
You may also enter a horse after the deadline, between the 19th and 25th of September at 2 p.m. The fee for past due-date entries is €400.
This year, once a horse has concluded its participation, it may leave the FIBES fair grounds, with the corresponding permission from the organizers.
October 13 to 18:
World Purebred Spanish Horse Conformation Championship.
- All horses from any stud farm may participate with no need to qualify at a prior competition.
- This year, the same competitive system used in previous years will once again be used; in other words, the semi-finals first and later a reduced final, based on the number of participants in each section.
- Due to the fact that the Spanish National Dressage Championship is being held the same week, the semi-finals for stallions being on Tuesday, the 13th. This corresponds to sections 8, 10 and 12. These horses will perform the Functionality Test on Wednesday, the 14th so that the riders are able to combine both Championships, regardless of the day that the Conformation Final is held for these sections.
- The entry period is now open. You may access exclusively from the “private” zone for Breeders on the LG PRE Stud Book website. The deadline is the 25th of September at 2 p.m. and the fees are:
Full-Fledged members: €125/horse. As of the fourth horse, the fee is €110 /horse.
Associate members: €180/horse.
- Once the standard entry period has concluded, and in such case that there are vacancies, an extraordinary entry period will be offered from 2 p.m. on the 25th of September until 2 p.m. on the 1st of October. In this case, the fee is €400.
- The entry fee for each horse, whatever the situation, has a mandatory increase of €10, which includes reliability insurance to cover any contingency that might arise throughout the competition.
- Horses that have concluded their participation—whether they have not continued to the finals, or because the final for their category has concluded—may leave the Palacio de Congresos y Exposiciones Fair Ground, if they so desire. This year, there is no need to wait until SICAB 2020 concludes. The Organizing Committee has contemplated this possibility and will therefore issue the corresponding authorization. Should a horse abandon the premises without the aforementioned authorization, the stud from to which it belongs will be eliminated from the entire competition, independently of the disciplinary measures that may be applied.
- Awards will be granted for each section, and as was the case last year, these will be presented once that section concludes. Only the Special Awards will be presented on the last day of the competition, during the final closing of SICAB.
- THIS YEAR, THE PARTICIPATION OF EXHIBITION HORSES IS NOT ALLOWED.
WORKING EQUITATION AND SPANISH HIGH SCHOOL
- The entry period and deadline is the same as that of the Conformation Competition.
- Entries are considered final when the duly filled out form has been sent in.
- The entry fee will be:
€120 for Full-Fledged members and €150 for all other participants.
Entries presented after the initial deadline will have a fee of €400.
INDOOR CARRIAGE DRIVING TESTS
- Reserved for Singles and Pairs.
- The entry period and deadline is the same as for all other disciplines, and the fees are:
Singles: €150 for Full-Fledged members and €200 for all other participants.
Pairs: €200 for Full-Fledged members and €250 for all other participants.
Entries presented after the initial deadline will have a fee of €400.
CIAT (TRADITIONAL CARRIAGE DRIVING)
- This test will be carried out in close collaboration with the Royal Andalusian Carriage Driving Club.
OTHER RELEVANT ASPECTS
- Should a breeder participate in Dressage and bring some or all of his/her horses the week prior to participating in the Conformation Competition, the stabling fee is €100 for each additional horse.The same holds true for horses participating during the week dedicated to Dressage and that remain at the FIBES Fair Grounds until the Conformation Competition is held, even if said horse does not participate.
- As is customary every year, participants have access to:
Stalls as a tack-room:
- €200 for Full-Fledged members and €300 for all other participants.
Sheds may be rented for use as an individual or share tack-room:
- €400 for Full-Fledged members and €500 for all other participants.
- In such case that a breeder wishes to use a stall or shed for the entire two weeks, he/she will have to pay each week independently.
- Straw and hard feed free of charge. Stud farms have access to hay, shavings and alfalfa available for a fee should they require this service.
- Doping: The Organizing Committee reserves the right to perform doping controls as deemed necessary. Breeders must consent to such tests being carried out on any given horse. Should a breeder refuse to have a horse tested, that horse will automatically be eliminated from the Competition, as well as all other horses from that stud farm.
[PDF] SICAB 2020 entry form
IMPORTANT: All prices and fees indicated in this newsletter—except the €10 liability insurance per horse participating in the Conformation Competition—do not include 21% VAT, which must be added.
Likewise, to enter a horse, receive breeder documentation or participate in any way in SICAB 2020, the breeder/stud farm must be in good standing with ANCCE and have covered all economic obligations.
I truly hope that this information is useful and that SICAB honors Purebred Spanish Horses as they deserve by showing our common sense, respect and responsibility towards society. Should you have any doubts or queries, please feel free to contact me.
Jaime Molina Fernandez de los Ríos