SICAB 2019 Poster Contest Rules
First - Participants
Any and all artists interested in participating and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age, either citizens of Spain or any other country, as an individual or as a team.
Second - Theme, technical characteristics and motto
The theme of the work shall consider the event: International Purebred Spanish Horse Fair (SICAB).
All work must be original and unpublished; it must not have been presented at any other contests and no part of the work, or the actual work may be copied or a plagiarized from other work by the same artist or any other. Authors are responsible before ANCCE and any third party to comply with the rules established herein.
The main objective is to have extraordinary advertising impact and be eye-catching as is expected for the poster announcing an event such as SICAB.
B. Technical Characteristics:
The painting technique is optional (oil, acrylic, mixed, etc.) but retouched or made with digital means or photographic reproductions are not accepted. Work may be on canvas or wood, mounted, in both cases, on a frame. The format shall be vertical, with a size of 100 x 70 cm. Also, a 100 x 73 cm. format is acceptable, as it is the standard frame size.
In the work, the author shall not include logos of any type nor anagrams; however, in the composition, he/she may (as seen appropriate) include the ANCCE and SICAB anagrams in the adaptation of the image for the various supports. Likewise, ANCCE reserves the right to insert, in the winning poster, the brands and/or logos of possible sponsors and/or collaborators.
Also, ANCCE shall include the following text in the adaptation of the material to be reproduced: SICAB 2019: International PRE Trade Fair - Sevilla – World PRE Championship , date of the evet and the logos of sponsors and collaborators.
On the back of each work, a motto shall appear which will be used to conceal the identity of the author until the Judges have announced the winner.
Third - Awards
The following awards have been established:
€3000 for first place and the winning poster.
€1000 for each of the two runners-up.
The corresponding taxes shall be deducted from the award money.
Fourth - Presentation
The deadline to present artwork is Tuesday, the 11th of December, 2018 at 2:00 pm. All work shall be presented or sent—duly packed for shipment—to the main ANCCE office, the address of which is: Cortijo de Cuarto (Viejo) s/n, 41014, Sevilla (Spain), from Monday to Friday, between 9 am and 2 pm.
In a closed envelope, the full name of the author shall appear, together with his/her ID/Passport number, full address, phone number/s, email and a sworn statement indicating that the work is original and unpublished. On the face of said envelope, the motto of the artwork shall appear, with no other indication that could possibly identify the contestant. Any further indications shall be considered breach of the rules and lead to exclusion from the contest. All work shipped by mail or courier service shall indicate the day and time of the delivery, but with no mention of the sender. Shipment costs shall be covered by the contestant.
Each contestant may present a SINGLE WORK OF ART.
Fifth - Judges
1. The selection and granting of awards is based on the proposal of the Judges appointed by ANCCE, who are as follows:
The Honorable Antonio Muñoz Martínez, Second Deputy Mayor of Sevilla
Mr. José Juan Morales Fernández, President of ANCCE
Mr. Carlos Bohórquez Domecq, President of the Press & Promotion Committee
Ms. Isabel de León Borrero
Ms. Magdalena Haurie Vigné
Mr. Juan Fernández Lacomba
Mr. Antonino Parrilla García
2. The Judges shall meet to decide the winner. First of all, they shall verify that all works presented comply with the established Rules, after which the work may be accepted as a contestant.
3. The Judges who propose the winner, shall review the conception, the quality of the graphics or the actual artwork, its effectiveness announcing or informing about the event, and its conditions for reproduction.
4. The Judges may declare the contest null and void should they consider that the works presented fail to meet sufficient merits to be granted the award.
5. In all cases, the decisions of the Judges are indisputable. All contestants, based on the fact that they participate in this contest, renounce their right to present any type of claim before any jurisdiction or tribunal.
6. The Judges shall report their decision and inform the ANCCE Executive Committee.
7. The Judges’ decision shalll be announced publically on the ANCCE web site at www.ancce.com, in addition to notifying all breeders about the contest and its results.
Sixth - The Judges’ Decision
1. The final decision shall be announced publically within a week as of the deadline established for the presentation of artwork.
Seventh - Award-winning Work
1. From the legal standpoint, the award-winning work shall become the exclusive property of ANCCE and shall be reproduced to announce the event and other future events, in addition to being used for promotional activities as deemed appropriate, with specific mention of the author or authors.
2. ANCCE reserves the right to introduce changes in the award-winning poster should there be some type of technical difficulty when printing or to introduce a given text or logo that may not appear in these Rules.
Eighth - Remaining Works
1. Those works that fail to win an award may be collected or claimed by freight collect at the request of the authors, from the main ANCCE offices, whose address is: Cortijo de Cuarto (Viejo) s/n, 41014, Sevilla, Spain, once the contest has concluded, and within the fifteen (15) days following the announcement of the winners.
2. Should an author not recuperate his/her artwork, it is understood said author renounces his/her ownership in favor of ANCCE. The Association, may, in turn, destroy or use said work as seen appropriate, which includes editing or printing it, as it was made available to ANCCE.
Ninth - Publicity
The summons for this contest and its rules shall be published on the ANCCE web site www.ancce.com
Tenth - Final Rules
1. The fact that an artist participates in this contest implies that he/she has knowledge of and accepts all of these rules. Thus, he/she shall not dispute the rules or the contest once the presentation has been formalized.
2. Regarding aspects that are not covered by these Rules, the relevant bodies in each case, have the authority to solve any doubts that may arise, and make the necessary decision for the smooth running of the contest.
3. It is the sole responsibility of the authors, thus releasing the organization of any possible claims that might arise regarding the authorship of the poster and possible plagiarizing.