Tribunals for Qualified Breeding Stock
Here is the latest information and news that will no doubt be of interest to
1-. DATES AND VENUES:
The dates for TQBs in Spain appear below:
1. TALAVERA DE LA REINA (?), Fair Grounds, September 10th
2. DOS HERMANAS (Sevilla), GRAN HIPODROMO DE ANDALUCIA, SEPTEMBER 14 & 15th
3. OVIEDO (Asturias), CLUB HIPICO ASTURCON, SEPTEMBER 17
4. ESTEPOTA (Malaga), E.A. ECUESTRE COSTA DEL SOL,
SEPTEMBER 21st & 22nd
5. BARCELONA, R. C. DE POLO, OCTOBER 19 & 20th
6. TRUJILLO (Caceres), Fair Grounds, OCTOBER 22nd
Contrary to what has been the case in previous years, there will be two main judges and two reserve judges; these latter judging only when the main judge/s is unable to perform his/her duties.
The Main Judges are:
- Mr. Fernando Caballos Rufino.
- Mr. Rafael Ortiz Alcalá Zamora.
The Reserve Judges are:
- Mr. Vicente Jodar
- Mr. Manuel Naz.
These judges will cover all the TQB, both in Spain and at those venues
petitioned and approved abroad.
3-. TQB PROCEDURES:
- The same cards will be used again this year, with the final score being
the average of the two judges to determine whether or not a horse is
- The resulting score for each horse will not be given; instead, a simple reference of APT or NOT APT will be used.
- A horse could be considered NOT APT if it has a parameter of less than five (5), but this information will not be made public. Instead, it will be announced that the horse is not apt.
4-. PAYMENT OF REGISTRATION FEE:
The fees for this year are as follows:
- Registration to cover organizational costs: €210 (VAT INCLUDED).
- Fee for LG (stud book): €25 (VAT INCLUDED).
The total amount of €235 can be paid by bank transfer to the account listed below: 2100-2320-55-0200168822
The TQB Registration Form is included herein, and must be sent to the ANCCE office, which is in charge of processing the form in conjunction with the LG-PRE stud book office.
5-. VETERINARIAN TESTS:
- Examination of the reproductive tract. Certificates may be given by the faro vet, always on the official, stamped paper from the College of Veterinarians. This examination will be valid for six (6) months.
- X-ray study. The procedure will be as follows:
o The full X-ray study must be performed with digital equipment.
o Veterinarians may be chosen freely, under the condition that the X-ray study use the aforementioned technology. In any case, and to facilitate the task for breeders, we have approved a list of veterinarians that are known to have digital technology.
o The X-ray study must include radiographs, and will have a standard price for breeders in Spain of €330, plus €0.50 per kilometer, should the vet need to travel to where the horse is located. If the horse travels to the vet’s office, there will be no mileage fee.
o The vet will digitalize all X-rays on a CD identified with both the vet’s data and the horse’s microchip. The CD will be sent to the Veterinarian Hospital at the University of Cordoba School of Veterinarian Science, where the final report on osteochondrosis will be prepared and subsequently returned to the vet who submitted the CD. The report is valid for one (1) year.
o Should the horse be free of OCD (osteochondrosis), it can then be registered in your TQB of choice.
o Confidentiality is guaranteed, as the veterinarian hospital will work exclusively with the microchip numbers, rather than the names of the horses and stud farms.
o If the breeder disagrees with the results issued, he/she may appeal before a Committee of Experts.
o The demands in terms of OCD have been reduced, and will apply only to clearly serious cases located in the fetlock, hock and stifle, and will, therefore, be rejected for any TQB.
o When participating in any TQB, you must present the certificate issued by the University of Cordoba School of Veterinarian Science.
o The LG-PRE stud book representatives will be in charge of identifying and measuring all horses presented.